Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Lancôme BB Sand

Thursday, January 28, 2010   |   7 comments


Glittertastic: Lancome Le Vernis BB Sand 003I didn't get on too well with My First Bottle of gold Lancôme nail varnish. The offending item was a bottle of Le Vernis in Pure Gold - you can read my review of it for Beaut.ie here - and I was fairly glum about the fact that I'd wasted €20.50 of my birthday money on it.
However, the gods of nail varnish smiled down upon me and I managed to swap it for a bottle of BB Sand from the SS10 Ô My Rose collection! (By the by, if you're not already using the swap function on Make Up Alley or the Swap Siopa on Beaut.ie, I recommend that you check them out without delay. Great for offloading stuff you're no longer using/don't like and getting lovely beauty bits in return.)

In complete contrast to its Pure Gold sister (boo, hiss) this stuff is only gorgeous. On first glance it looks like a bog standard clear varnish with bits of gold glitter - so far, so not too inspiring, and you couldn't really be blamed for passing over it at the Lancôme counter. But there's nearly more glitter than varnish in the bottle, so the glitter payoff is brilliant. One coat would be lovely for a twinkly French mani, but two coats is enough for damn-near-opaque sparkly talons provided you apply them carefully, and I recommend shaking/rolling the bottle between hands to keep things well mixed.
Obviously, being a complete glitter whore and very impatient, I ignored my own advice and went for a third coat for the full metal jacket effect, which is what's pictured.

BB Sand is a fab shade of gold, too - no rotten fag-stained-looking fingernails here - because there's silver particles of glitter in there as well as the obvious. Good thinking.
Throw on a top coat to prolong wear - as well as sealing the free edge of the nail, it'll prevent the glitter on the surface of nails from snagging.
Oh, and if you're wondering about the size of the glittery bits, well let me tell you that the next photo you'll see is an extreme close-up of the nail on my middle finger...

Extreme close-up of Lancome Le Vernis BB Sand 003 nail varnish

Total size of the section shown in this photo is approx. ½mm² In Real Life.

Yep, those are some seriously small sparkles!



What nail varnish or other lovely make-up bits are you wearing today?


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 6:44 pm, January 28, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    laving the look..was going to ask does it feel rough to touch but i guess with a topcoat on it shouldn't? I'm sporting OPI That's Hot!Pink for my date tonight..not sure the boy will be impressed but I skirtenly am!!! kelly

     
  • At 6:53 pm, January 28, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Swit swoo Kelly, gorgeous choice! Hope your date goes well!

    It still feels a wee bit rough with the top coat but far less so than without it on. Although Himself still recoiled in horror yesterday at the "bumpiness" of it *insert rolling eyes smiley here*.

    Boys...

     
  • At 11:15 pm, January 28, 2010, Blogger Kirstie said…

    blingin' - I have been wearing this as a french with a grey and it looks SWIT SWOO. Now that I have my new camera I can actually properly capture its fabillisness too. Hooha!

     
  • At 11:25 am, January 29, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oooh Kirstie sounds deadly! Need to see pix soon pleasethankyou.

     
  • At 11:29 am, January 30, 2010, Anonymous himself said…

    Nice electron microscopic skillz

     
  • At 2:59 pm, February 01, 2010, Blogger Aoife - Babaduck said…

    Oh that's just lovely - giving us all the middle finger!!! My only gripe about glittertastic polishes is the scrape factor when you remove them - how does this fare???

     
  • At 3:15 pm, February 01, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Baba, I haven't taken it off yet, have just been topping up the tips.

    I have a new Chanel (although sadly not Particulière, blub) that I really want to have a go of so will let you know tonight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails