Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Tardy vintage-feeling mix

Friday, November 18, 2011   |   9 comments



It's high time the classic retro colour combo of mint and peach made a comeback, and I've been doing my bit over the last couple of days with this manicure. I've had loads of compliments on it - even my surgeon commented that he thought they were the coolest nails he'd ever seen and called his clinic manager in to check them out - which has been a nice and much needed ego boost.

My look post-treatment on Tuesday has been very walking dead, complete with very bloodshot eyeballs (turns out those thumbs from last week were pretty close to the mark) so my strategy is to make sure everyone's too distracted by my awesome nails to bother looking at my eyes.

I started with a base coat of OPI Start To Finish and then used...

Thumb: Eyeko Rain (discontinued)
Index finger: Clarins Blanc French (discontinued) with Claire's Accessories CM241 (snot green) and Eyeko Rain (pattern is my attempt at Sophie's vintage-y floral print, which is amazing)
Middle finger: Rimmel Peppermint with H
&M gold
Ring finger: Barry M Peach Melba
Little finger: Clarins Blanc French

I pulled out a Sally Hansen nail art pen for the black detailing and then whacked on a layer of Seche Vite to set everything nicely. I'm really pleased with how well it's lasted: I did this manicure on Monday night and as of today there's just one solitary paint chip. Wahey!



Can you tell where it is yet? I accidentally caught the index finger on my right hand in a door (ow) and completely bent back the nail in question (OW!), so it's fairly incredible that the polish was the only casualty.

PS: Apologies for the gammy looking watermarks, but one of my lovely readers emailed me the other day to let me know that another blogger was passing off one of my manicures as her own - cheeky or what? The offending post was removed as soon as I asked for it to be taken down but even so...

Thanks again for the heads up VanillaLime x

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails