Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Understated matte sparkle

Thursday, December 08, 2011   |   1 comments


Life outside the laptop has been a bit hectic recently, which is why I've been MIA on the blog front of late. I hope you can forgive my unscheduled absence and enjoy today's nails! 

I've a drawer crammed full of glittery nail polish bottles that can attest to the fact that I love me some bling and spangles, but today I wanted to show that sparkle doesn't have to be OTT or in your face to make an impact.


As I've previously argued over on Beaut.ie, a matte topcoat can add an interesting new dimension to glitter polishes. Here, I've simply used Essie Matte About You over Sephora Only Gold For Me (Essence Make It Golden is quite similar) for a manicure that's festive but not frivolous.

What do you reckon? Do you prefer your Christmas nails to involve more full-on bling since it's the only time of year you feel you can get away with it, or is this still too tacky for your tastes?


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails