Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Trend spot: Studded flip flops

Tuesday, May 29, 2012   |   6 comments


My stud obsession is going nowhere, it seems, and now I've found a summer-appropriate way to incorporate them into your warm weather wardrobe.


How amazing are these fancy-yet-fierce flip flops from Valentino? Sadly, even though they're effectively just jelly sandals, these beauties also have an amazing price tag.

Not to worry: I've put in the legwork (ho ho) and found a couple of high street lookey likeys so you can toughen up your sunshine look on the (relative) cheap!



Of course, an even more purse-friendly alternative is to grab an old pair of sandals, some glue, and a load of studs and get busy.

Would you wear studded flip flops, or maybe make your own?


{image sources: 1. The Blonde Salad; 2. Little Bird Tell}


Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 7:25 pm, May 29, 2012, Blogger Rose Eva said…

    I'm not too much of a flip flop fan in general so I probably wouldn't wear those, but they look cool. I can't see how someone would spend that much on the Valentinos though, geez! I guess if you have the money, but eek if they charge this much for flip flops I wonder how much for heels.. :p

     
  • At 8:22 pm, May 29, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Hi Lynnie, I left a comment but something weird happened, did you get it??

     
  • At 8:38 pm, May 29, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sabrina - no, it didn't come through for some reason! Sorry about that :/ Will you tell me again what you were saying? x

    Rose Eva - lol! the price of them is just crazy, isn't it?

     
  • At 10:16 pm, May 29, 2012, Blogger ::little projects in style:: said…

    Man! Loving the valentinos but selfridges one looks exactly the same!! ;) what a fabulous find!! Thanks for the heads up!!

     
  • At 10:16 am, May 30, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Ah blast, what i was saying was..

    I'm weak for em, especially the pic of the black ones with the red toes. €200 for jelly sandals though, I couldn't do it. If they were leather i might be tempted. The Miss Selfridge ones are a great budget option. I'll defo pick up a pair if i can find them here, thanks Lynnie. x

     
  • At 5:13 pm, May 30, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    little projects in style & Sabrina - you're welcome, I couldn't believe how similar the Miss Selfridge ones were when I saw them! And, eh, I *may* have snapped up a pair for myself too ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails