Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

NOTD: Facets of February

Friday, February 01, 2013   |   4 comments



Hello and happy Friday! Since I've managed to do my nails for the first time in, oh, about a month, I thought I'd show you the very simple, very un-springy glitter gradient manicure I'm wearing to ring in the first of February. 

I'm pretty pleased with how subtle yet jewel-like this bling-on-black paint job turned out; the different glitter sizes in Facets of Fuchsia really catch the light beautifully. They're able to shine through more obviously with a base colour than when worn alone because they're suspended in a murky sheer jelly base in the polish, which can actually cause some glitter to become obscured if you wear multiple layers of Facets of Fuchsia to build opacity. 

If you bought a bottle at the height of the hype (away back in 2011, eek!) and subsequently wondered what all the fuss was about, try wearing Facets over a black base. I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

Products used
Orly Bonder base coat
Nubar Noir
Revlon Facets of Fucshia
Seche Vite top coat


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails