Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-Tastic Thursday: Nude And Neon Tribal

Thursday, July 19, 2012   |   10 comments

If I could only bring one piece of nail art kit to a desert island, I think I'd grab one of my black nail art pens. There's no question that they get the most use of all my tools and I think I've gone through 3 of them in the past 18 months or so. They're pretty versatile: off the top of my head, I can tell you that I use them for tribal prints, leopard print, zebra/tiger stripes, polka dots, lettering, and graphic illustrations as well as outline detailing, which really helps to make designs pop.

Most recently, I used one for a simple tribal manicure on nude and neon nails.






How to?

I started with a base coat of CND Stickey before applying two coats of Topshop Mannequin (£5/€9), which gives me dead hand syndrome if I wear it alone but looks like my perfect nude under nail art.

For the tribal print, I first drew a horizontal line across the centre of the nail to divide it in half. Then I divided each half into thirds by adding two equidistant horizontal lines on each side before doodling on some detail and painting the tips with Angelica Hip Hop (£2.50/€2.75 from Primark/Penneys.) Like all neons, this one is a bee-atch to photograph accurately; the bottle colour actually gives the best representation of how the vibrant pinky orange of Hip Hop looks In Real Life.

Do we like?


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • At 10:10 am, July 19, 2012, Blogger Jewels said…

    Your nail designs never cease to amaze me!

     
  • At 12:19 pm, July 19, 2012, Blogger Islay said…

    that sally hansen nail art pen looks amazing! Love it!

    islaay.com
    xx

     
  • At 3:11 pm, July 19, 2012, Blogger Rose Eva said…

    Gorgeous! I'd so try this but I'd never be able to do both hands lol x

    Rose Eva
    Silhouetted

     
  • At 11:08 pm, July 19, 2012, Anonymous Mimi said…

    ah i have that nail art pen but can't do art half as well as that, you're very talented! would you consider doing a step by step post about nail art pens to help your less skilled fans?!

     
  • At 11:59 pm, July 19, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    lol 'Dead hand syndrome'

    Sweet design, great color combo :-)

     
  • At 11:59 pm, July 19, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    lol 'Dead hand syndrome'

    Sweet design, great color combo :-)

     
  • At 4:07 pm, July 20, 2012, Blogger Outline Amy said…

    The Topshop polish is such a pretty nude shade and once again I'm jealous of your nail-art skills.

     
  • At 7:56 pm, July 20, 2012, Blogger Maria said…

    Oh, such fab nails Lynnie!! You definitely have a skill.

    Have a black nail art pen but my attempts always look like something erm.. well let's be honest something that my poor cat tried!! :(

     
  • At 11:46 am, July 21, 2012, Blogger S said…

    We like! I love the look of that pen, it looks fab. I have so much nail art stuff and I still haven't a clue how to use most of it, your talents are amazing x

     
  • At 11:14 am, July 27, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ah thanks ladies!

    Mimi - definitely, I'm getting to it!

    Sabrina - it must be my skintone or something but yep, most nude polishes make me look decidedly deceased!

    Maria - I love the idea of your cat painting your nails for you, have a great mental image of him (her?) with eyes half closed and little pink tongue sticking out the side of his (her?) mouth in concentration :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails