Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talontastic Thursday: The Marian Mani

Thursday, September 13, 2012   |   2 comments


Since I'm a bit of a Marian Keyes fangirl I couldn't really let the day pass without doodling some nail art inspired by the cover of her latest novel.

a be-Marianed paw

that skirt screamed "putmeonyourNAILZ!" as soon as I saw it

The scallop detail would look fab as a nail design in its own right, as you can see from my little finger. To DIY:

1. Apply base coat (I like CND Stickey.)
2. Apply two coats of white nail polish (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in White Out.)
3. When dry, use a small detailing brush or nail art pen to add horizontal rows of hot pink scalloping.
4. For an easy accent nail, you could simply reverse the colours on your ring finger or thumb - so a hot pink base with white scallops - or alternatively you could pull in some of the black or yellow from the cover to the design. White detail on a black nail is always a winner, and I don't see scalloping being any exception.
5. Finish with top coat (my favourite is fast-drying Seche Vite, which minimises drag on nail art.)

The Mystery Of Mercy Close was released today in both e-book and real book formats. I'm a bit torn between the two - should I opt for the convenience of the Kindle version or stick with tradition and add to my collection of Marian hard copies? - but whichever way I jump, I'm looking forward to having a read of it.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails