Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Something for the weekend: Fantasy new season threads

Friday, September 07, 2012   |   2 comments


When the spending ban lifts and my credit card balance levels out, I'm planning to be very sensible indeed with this year's winter purchases. I'm really feeling the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo-inspired dark/gothic/leather-or-lace trend, and there are lots of key pieces around that nail the look but could still be worn for many winters to come.

Here's a taste of what's caught my eye in the first of the new season high-street drops:



How's about that for instant AW12 chic? This is pretty much my perfect autumnal look, I think: loving the cape (£tba), faux leather trousers (£40), and front of those black ankle boots (£70, they're a bit gick from the back) all from Oasis.


See, if I worked somewhere that necessitated the wearing of LBNs (little black numbers) I'd be all over this River Island sequinned mesh top (£45) like a sparkly rash. Or, er, maybe it'd be all over me like a sparkly rash. Either way, there's no such thing as too much bling in my book, and I'm an absolute sucker for shoulder detailing.


If that's too much black 'n' bling for your palette, what about this navy Oasis blouse (£48) with lace detailing? It's sweet without being overly saccharine, and navy tends to be more flattering on paler skintones than black (cue my mother's voice in my head telling me that black makes me "look very washed out" every time I wear it next to my face.) 


This is so impractical - I can't do sleeveless for day after about mid-September - and of course it fails the Mam test but there's something about this faux leather peplum top from Oasis that really appeals to me. It's a bit tough, a bit girly, and I can see it going with tons of stuff that I already own.


Would you believe I don't possess a single pair of black flats? True story. These studded Kurt Geiger flats are amaze-o but at £95 they're also really bloody expensive, so they're unlikely to be making it into my collection anytime soon. (I'm still totally going to visit them and pet them every time I pass a KG stockist so they don't start to fret that I've forgotten about them. Poor ickle shoesies.)

Have you seen any AW12 lust-haves yet? Leave me a link to them in the comments and we can go virtual shopping together!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 pm, September 11, 2012, Anonymous deni-o said…

    So my autumn might be different to yours and this may just have transformed from a 'lust have' to 'I now own this'. **SCREAMS!
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=61&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=6111157&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208526&parent_categoryId=203984&pageSize=20

     
  • At 11:01 am, September 12, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Um WOW, deni-o, that looks gorgeous! I'd say the colour is totally fab on you. Am so jealous of your upside-down autumn, it's bloody freezing here today.

    Proper freezing, I mean; not Oz freezing ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails